Chief Medical Officer, U.S.S. Discovery
The Chief Medical Officer will report to Executive Officer, .
Chief Medical Officer role aboard an Rhode Island-class Starship, U.S.S. Discovery.
The officer in this position must handle administrative details for the Medical department, duty rotation assignments, greeting new officers in the department, and other miscellaneous supervisory duties. Compensation is provided with 28 Earth days shore leave.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and work well in a diverse team.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience to ensure the health and wellbeing of the Discovery crew and any guests aboard.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Medical applications and procedures, foreign medical knowledge is highly desired for this role.
The following qualifications are required and each candidate will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- At least two of the following courses from Starfleet Academy; MED201: Clinical Fundamentals, MED202: Diagnosis, Major Species, MED301: Surgery, Major Humanoid Species, MED610: General Practice.
- At least one of the following courses; MED203: Diagnosis, Minor Species, MED212: Pharmacology 2, MED302: Surgery, Non-Humanoid Species, MED211: Pharmacology 1.
- At least four years Starfleet service, two years of which served aboard Rhode-Island-class or similar weight vessel in a Medical role.
- At least Lieutenant rank.