Chief of Security, U.S.S. Discovery
The Chief of Security will report to Executive Officer, .
A combination Chief of Security/Chief Tactical Officer role aboard an Rhode Island-class Starship, U.S.S. Discovery.
Standard duties to include ensuring the safety of ship, crew and any guests. Shipboard security tasks include but are not limited to maintaining regular patrols, cargo inspections and providing assistance to away teams when required. Tactical tasks will include protection of the vessel from external threats, and providing insight in such situations to the Discovery command staff. Compensation is provided with 28 Earth days shore leave.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and work well in a diverse team.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience to ensure the safety of the Discovery and her crew from threats both external and internal.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Starfleet Tactical Systems and Security Operational Procedures, foreign system knowledge is necessary to this role.
The following qualifications are required and each candidate will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- At least three of the following courses from Starfleet Academy; TAC175: Combat, Phasers and Photon Torpedos, TAC210: Combat, Marksmanship, TAC250: Combat, Shuttles and Runabouts, TAC270: Combat, Major Starships.
- At least one of the following courses; ARM200: Starship Phasers and Phaser Cannons, ARM210: Photon Torpedoes, ARM220: Quantum Torpedoes, PILOT101: Runabouts and Shuttles.
- At least three years Starfleet service, one of which served in a Security role aboard a Rhode Island-class vessel or similar weight.
- At least Lieutenant rank.