Chief Engineering Officer, U.S.S. Discovery
The Chief Engineering Officer will report to Executive Officer, .
Chief Engineering role aboard a Rhode Island-class Starship, U.S.S. Discovery.
Standard duties to include management of current Engineering projects and initiatives and a 10-person staff. Role includes overseeing damage repair functions and ongoing system maintenance. Compensation is provided with 28 Earth days shore leave.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and work well in a diverse team.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience to facilitate ongoing maintenance of all vital and non-vital ship systems.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Starfleet Engineering Systems and at least a basic understanding of foreign Engineering Systems.
The following qualifications are required and each candidate will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- At least two of the following courses from Starfleet Academy; ENG201: Impulse Systems, ENG203: Advanced Warp Systems, ENG311: Starship Engineering, ENG312: Subspace Mechanics.
- At least one of the following courses; ENG234: Deflectors, Weapons and Security Systems, ENG330: Bio-Neural Components, ENG431: Shield Systems, ENG432: Weapons Systems, ENG433: Security Systems, ENG535: Advanced Replicator Theory and Application, ENG536: Advanced Transporter Techniques, Technology and Theory.
- At least three years Starfleet service, served in an Engineering role.
- At least Lieutenant rank.
- As part of your duties, you may be required to carry large or heavy objects.